Tuesday 7 May 2013

Summer Playlist

Summer is fast approaching and I love nothing more than having 3 months of Sun, sand and fun after an entire year of working hard. 

One of my favourite things to do is update my I-pod every couple of months with the best new songs and summer tunes are my absolute favourites, they're always upbeat and just sound summery, perfect for blasting in the car or at the beach. 

I've really been branching out into different sounds over the past couple of months and these are the top tunes to be gracing my I-pod for this summer. So lets get started! 




I remember watching her for the first time on 'Wizards of Waverly Place' on Disney Channel years ago and when I saw she'd released a single I thought "Oh, she's probably going to have the same sort of child-friendly sound a lot of the Disney Channel stars have when they release music" Boy, was I wrong. Her sound is so full of beats and really catchy and just a perfect uplifting party tune and if I had never heard of her I would never of guessed she was from Disney Channel. 





I've never really been a huge fan of Calvin Harris or Ellie Goulding but after hearing 'Drinking From The Bottle' by Calvin Harris I've been more careful to keep an eye out for some other tracks by him and this collaboration with Ellie Goulding does not dissapoint. After this track I definitely love Ellie Goulding a lot more. What I love about this track is it reminds me of music festivals and summer in London ( Which is a weird combination but still). 


I've always loved Taylor Swift and feel all the abuse she gets in the media isn't very fair. Music is a form of personal expression and what she chooses to write about should not be slated by everyone even if they do think it's repetitive. This track is one of my favourite's by Taylor because it shows a different style than we're used to. It also gives me goose bumps because it's celebrating being young which is something that always makes me feel good. 

That's all my summer favourites! Leave a comment below telling me your go to summer tunes and you never know they might make it on to my I-pod. 

Until next time 

Erin

 


No comments:

Post a Comment